Sundays 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Text of Study
The New Heart of Wisdom
Gen Kelsang Tangpa
Mahamudra Kadampa Buddhist Center
500 6th St
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program (TTP) is:
- To provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism;
- To train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers.
- To benefit living beings through the flourishing of Kadampa Dharma.
This program covers twelve subjects from texts below and has commitments including completion of several mediation retreats.
About the Program
The program comprises the following seven subjects, in addition to the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program, all based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
- To be personally motivated by the three purposes outlined above.
- To complete the study of all the subjects without interruption.
- To attend every class unless work, family commitments or health issues prevent it.
- To study and memorize the essential points of each subject.
- Sit the examination at the end of each course.
- To engage to the best of your ability in the TTP retreats.
- To attend a group puja at the Center or to attend a General Program class each week.
- To maintain the moral discipline of (at least) the five lay precepts on the premises.
Cost: $125/month (12 months/year) includes these TTP classes, unlimited GP classes, and all TTP retreats.
*Note: TTP is not a drop-in class and enrollment is required. For more information, email the Resident Teacher at email@example.com
“We should study correctly and purely; our understanding should be qualified. If our understanding is qualified then our teachings will be very qualified and because we will be giving teachings from our heart students will receive powerful benefits.”
~ Geshe Kelsang Gyatso